Popular Posts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Customer Service first, last and always.




The USPS
Mail use is down, the USPS isn’t even breaking even, more and more folks are using e-mail, electronic bill pay and the beat goes on and on.
I rencently sold a townhouse with a mail stanchon. You know the common mailbox grouping with individual locking boxes. Unfortunatley the sale was a foreclosure and the lisitng agent didn’t have a key for the mailbox.
Looking out for my clients interest, I diligently went to the stanchon, left a note explaining the what fors and how too’s and asked the letter carrier for the neighborhood to leave the box unlocked so that we could switch out the lock. I asked this because this is what we do in my neighborhood. Then just to be safe, I left my phone number too.
Today I drove down to Davis Park to follow up, by the way that is zip code 27703 and the street name is Finsbury, [Just in case the letter carrier, aka the guilty party is reading this.}
The scribbled and rude response to my note, from the letter carrier, “NO, I have nothing to do with box keys.”
Now mind you I was going to purchase and install the new lock, I just needed access to the back of the lock, all made clear in my note.
Humm, ok, well Mr. or Ms. Letter Carrier, USPS, Federal Worker who makes a whole lot of civil service money for an all but bankrupt organization… what a great way to build relationships and business . Perhaps you would have picked up the phone, once back at the post office and told me what to do.
The saving grace in all of this, I phoned the post office 27703 on Miami Blvd. in Durham and the young lady, Tameka, I think, was so sweet, so nice and let me put the change order in for my client. Now someone with the mail service will install a new lock and call my client/friend when the key is ready the day after tomorrow, the cost $15.00 and no aggrivation for me. Perhaps the letter carrier could learn a lesson or two from Tameka, she rocks and was so sweet and helpful. Tameka redeemed the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment